About Adventure Guides
Get to know your kid, while your kid is still a kid!
As the parent of a young child, you have the tremendous opportunity to get to know your child. Spending quality one-on-one time with your child will help build a strong bond of trust and memories that will last a lifetime. Join the Y and become a member of a community that’s committed every day to helping you and your family grow stronger together.
Indian Guides and Indian Princesses have undergone a name change. The program is now called Adventure Guides
Adventure Guides Parent & Child Program
Adventure Guides was developed by the Y to help strengthen family relationships. The Adventure Guides Experience enables parents and kids to have fun while sharing new adventures.
Goals & Benefits
The Y-Adventure Guides program will:
- Foster companionship and understanding and set a foundation for positive, lifelong relationships between parent and child.
- Build a sense of self-esteem and personal worth.
- Expand awareness of spirit, mind, and body.
- Provide the framework to meet a mutual need of spending enjoyable, constructive, and quality time together.
- Enhance the quality of family time.
- Emphasize the vital role that parents play inthe growth and development of their children.
- Offer an important and unique opportunityto develop and enjoy volunteer leadership skills.
Foundation & Values
The Compass provides direction for the Friends Forever program.
- The Family is True North – the focal point of the program
- Nature and the camping experience are an integral part of the program teaching respect for nature and oneself
- The spirit of the program is experienced through belonging to a small Community of “circles”
- Fun is the magic of the program
The Y's corevalues provide direction as parents guide children on their journey. Along the way adults should model, teach and demonstrate these values as well as give children many opportunities to practice and celebrate them. Initially, these four values provide guidance in helping children select activities, make decisions, and choose appropriate courses of action both in the program and in their lives.
Share this page through your favorite social sites:
Adventure Guides - Dad
Gene Hernandez - Adventure Guides
Adventure Guides - Dad
Faith - Adventure Guides
Anonymous - Adventure Guides
Julie Nichols - Adventure Guides
Adventure Guides - Anonymous