New Horizons is a program for adults with developmental disabilities ages 18 and up. The New Horizons programs provide safe and supervised recreational outings in the community that offer social interaction, skill building, and life-long friendships. While participants are having fun, their full-time caregivers are provided with the "time-off" they need to better care for their loved ones.
*Regional Center hours - social recreational
(in lieu of respite) Vendor #H04329 Service Code 525
NEW HORIZONS is…
- A community based, socialization and recreation program designed to expand the horizons of developmentally disabled adolescents and adults. Meaningful and constructive leisure-time activities provide an accent on fun, independence and normalization.
- An opportunity for parents, family members and caregivers to take a break. When you give yourself back the time to meet your own needs, you become a better caregiver.
- A place to make new friends, go places and have fun in an atmosphere of acceptance The YMCA New Horizons program provides opportunities to enjoy experiences typical to other non-disabled person. Participants gain social skills, motor skills, language skills, camping and travel skills, and group sharing skills.
New Horizons is just that, a new opportunity, a new experience where participants gain a sense of independence as they explore their community and surrounding areas without the aide of parents or other family members. The satisfaction of knowing that they, too, are capable of learning new skills, making new friends, and taking care of their own basic needs.
Become a Volunteer for New Horizons
Click here to View the Registration Form for May 2014 (PDF)
Click here to View the Registration Form for June 2014 (PDF)
Click here to View the Application (PDF)
Click here to View the Application Spanish (PDF)
Click here to View the Participant Reference Sheet (PDF)
Click here to View the Program Rules and FAQ (PDF)
Click here to View the No Show / Late Cancel Procedure (PDF)
Click here to View the Volunteer Advisory Committee (PDF)
Click here to View the New Horizons Brochure (PDF)
Click here to View the latest Press Release
YMCA Community Services - Annual Campaign 2014
Annual Campaign 2014
The YMCA Community Services is committed to raise $25,000 to ensure that over 150 children and families can participate in Y programs.
As of 3/27 we have raised $29,600 (118% of goal).
GIVE, AND DO SO MUCH MORE.
• Annual Campaign Brochure
• Learn more about our cause
• Go to Team Raiser
Other ways to GIVE:
• Share your story
• Share someone else's story (Send an eCard)
• Watch the stories of others
• Read the Press Release
• Campaign Dates 2014
• Bowling for a Cause 2014
• Rummage Sale 2014
Give the Gift of the Y
Already have all you want for Christmas? Ask your friends and family to gift the gift of the Y! Donate in your name to the YMCA Scholarship fund for YMCA Community Services Programs in 2014 and help members in the new year be a part of SOMETHING GREAT! Once you click "Donate Now" below and submit you donation amount and payment type, make sure to designate your donation to go directly to your favorite YMCA Community Services Program: Y Inclusion, New Horizons, Foster Youth Mentoring or Bereaved Parents Support Group.
Donations can also be mailed to 13821 Newport Ave, Suite 105 Tustin, CA 92780. C/O Michelle Byerly
Share this page through your favorite social sites:
YMCA Community Services - New Horizons Stories
Nouha Hreish, Mother of Joe Hreish - NEW HORIZONS
Alexis Camarillo - NEW HORIZONS
Denise Godreau - NEW HORIZONS
Lynn and John McCall - NEW HORIZONS
Brenda Okubo - NEW HORIZONS
Anonymous - NEW HORIZONS
Tiffany Reaves - NEW HORIZONS
Gail Palumbo - NEW HORIZONS