New Horizons is a program for adults living with developmental disabilities and special needs ages 21 and up. The New Horizons program provides safe and supervised recreational outings in the community that offer social interaction, skill building, and life-long friendships. While participants are having fun, their full-time caregivers are provided with the “time-off” they need to better care for their loved ones.
The YMCA New Horizons Program Provides
- Meaningful & constructive leisure activities for developmentally disabled adolescents & adults.
- Opportunities for fun, independence and normalization.
- Break time for parents/family/caregivers.
- A place to make new friends, experience new things, see new places, and have fun!
- Opportunities to develop social, motor, language, camping, travel, and group sharing skills.